View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
The Building Office is responsible for review of all building construction plans, site plans, and the coordination of other agencies' reviews.
- Issues all zoning certificates, certificates of occupancy, permits for new construction, renovation, plumbing, sheds, decks, pools, site grading, fences, and signs.
- Perform all code required inspections for building, plumbing, infrastructure, and verify adherence to zoning setback requirements regarding placement of new buildings, additions, pools, and sheds.
- Answer public inquiries concerning: building and plumbing codes; stormwater management; site development; zoning; zoning of properties; and identification of properties located within the flood plain.
- Enforce the Elkton Housing Code by investigating all housing code complaints filed with this office, and take the necessary action to have the violations corrected.
- Determine when a request for a variance or a special exception to the Zoning Ordinance is warranted.
- Review variance and special exception requests, process the requests, and supply support staff for Elkton Board of Zoning Appeals' meetings.
- Interact with other agencies such as: Maryland Department of the Environment, Cecil County Health Department, Maryland State Fire Marshal, and the Soil Conservation Service.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me.
Director, Building & Zoning
Click here for link to New Board Member Training through the Maryland Department of Planning.