View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
How to Reach Us
The Finance Department is responsible for all the financial activities of the Town of Elkton. Daily responsibilities include the collection of all Town revenue, disbursement of funds, investment of funds, financial reporting, maintenance of bank accounts, maintenance of general ledger accounts, accounts receivable, payroll processing, and administration and preparation of annual budget.
The major revenue resource for the Town is the annual real estate tax billing which generates approximately 45 % of the general fund revenue collected. Other revenue sources include business taxes, county and state allocations, parking meter and parking ticket revenue, building permits, water and sewer fees and special assessments for hook up to water and sewer systems.
In a 12 month period, the Department will:
- Process approximately 2,300 accounts payable checks.
- Process over 600 property transfers.
- Generate over 24,000 water and sewer bills.
- Process 1,500 purchase orders.
- Process over 2,600 payroll checks.
- Prepare and administer an annual budget exceeding $17,000,000.00.
|Steven Repole||Director of Finance|